Probably 6 hours of riding during the week leading up to this.
41 laps, 370km
Notes for next time;
- ice knees and wrists afterwards
- ice wrists 2-3 times a day for next 3 days
- panadol + ibprofen 3 times day for next 3 days
- more magnesium during lead up and event - stop cramping - "HEED", Endura?
- more electrolyte drinking post race
- take a spin on the trainer the day after (and for rest of week)
- valium for 2 nights before the race works wonders
- more ipod battery life needed
- more bananas
- ride to heart rate for first 10 hours
- warm coffee in morning is good
- need to experiment more with gu guts