Tuesday, December 8, 2009

17 weeks to go ...

Target ride hrs this week ~ 14 hrs ~ 4 hrs hills, 5 hrs generic xc, 5 hrs generic road riding

Hills road ride done - 4 laps of Telstra Tower + Generic 2 hr xc ride through Majura Pines

Crash count = 2 (when the Gibbon decided to stop suddenly for the wrong single track turn off, and the taking a corner too fast at night after one too many Gibbon beers)

Excitement for this week is getting to use a "special guest bike" - I'm borrowing El-Presidento's old hard tail as my new Epic is still out of action awaiting the recall replacement parts :(

Riding the hard tail is still quite fun - just not so fast on the descents and I have to get out of the saddle a bit more.

I must say that the Epic is a great bike - but I am pretty disappointed with the recall. The faulty stay weld was pretty bad ... it would not have taken too much testing to cause the failure.

If there are any Specialized reps out there, feel free to send me your new bikes and I'll test them out and help you find these faults earlier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment